Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ninja Gear...

So. Now that my NIN is reaching the upper tier (60+) I decided that I would plan out gear for the job. This may be a long post, but I haven't decided yet. >_> And btw, it's all RA/EX stuff, because everything else is just a matter of farming. You may notice I skipped Body as I do not feel there are any difficult/good body pieces. AF1 and Hauby ftw.

Weapons:

Ah, the Senji. This is actually really easy, I just need to get an ODS together and it's a common drop. I have 2 orbs myself, and I'm sure Kets has some.



Lol yaokay. I don't mind doing assaults, it's just a matter of getting 6 people together each weel to spam missions. Plus, the however many IS it costs would make me level BRD ; ; However, it is the best off-hand weapon in the game, so I should get it eventually.



The only reason I really want this katana is because of the EVA (and kind of the ele damage). It sucks pretty much, but I've always wanted one (it used to be the best NIN katana, after all ^^;). However, it drops off of MG, who is easy but useless. At least with a Genbu pop I could try to get the other set and grab 2-3 people and kill the turtle. Sieryu is another story, though (see further down more on that >_>).



Head:

W. Turban obviously. That's easy/common enough I don't need a picture. Same goes with O. Hat. When I get like 65 I'll farm up a cluster and low-man it, he isn't very tough.


Ah, the first abjuration piece. This one is through Seiryu, so see Legs when I get there. However, bar-CNMs (Orc Helm) this is probably the best WS piece for Jin. (Ninja Edit: lol, get it? Voyager's Sallet is better and easy to get, just need more SMNs and a ToD. `_`)


CUUUUUTEEEE!!!!!! After Kets gets done with Nyzul I'll make him/2 box him do floor 100/farm lower floors for tokens and get me this beautiful head piece! ^^ W. Turban is probably better, but OMGCUTE



Hands:

Best daytime Jin piece. Since it's a +1 AF, I would need Sea. At this point, if I wanted to, I could probably get Sea in a few months. However, I feel that I don't really need it. This (and gorgets) are really the only thing I'd get out of it, except Rajas (which is amazing, but too much work for me >>;). Limbus would be pretty easy since a lot of it can be low manned, but it's just getting enough people. Actually, I just remembered Brutal is from Limbus. .... Maybe I do need Sea. >_>



These may or may not be good. I think they're better than O. Kote and would tie me over until N Tekko +1, but I would have to test. Relatively east to get compared to everything else on the list.


/dream. Honestly, I could farm Xarc NIN NM with like 4 people and a sack, but with a 10% drop rate that's like 5 mil gil. I can probably get Northlands access through Kets (him leeching my char for "raises" >_> <_<).

Legs: AKA The Holy Grail of Haste:

The basic delay down legs. I've been toying the idea around in my head, and SoTW could probably do low tier city runs just without the win. Simply romp around farming AF. We could possibly break even, but it's really just a matter of getting people together. Plus, the people who go to Dyna usually couldn't do it, so that leaves us with even less people lol. It would be something fun to do once, but I can sympathize with people who never want to do Dynamis. >_>




I put these two together because they both drop from Byakko. See Koga legs mainly. The pops are easy enough, and I believe it would be possible to take him down. However, huuuuge timesink, albeit for the best NIN legs in TP/WS (the Haidate, not Shura; Shura suck pretty much after you get Haidate).




The "I don't have Haidate" WS pants. Easy enough to get, and better on low EVA mobs than Shura. Byakko > though obviously.



Lol yaokay again. First off: Need Assault. Second off: Need a lot of luck. Third off: B haidate is probably easier and faster. Usu feet are great too, but same concept except #3.



Feet:



Best Nighttime Jin piece. Dynamis. =O

No comments: